Find us in the wilderness
Driving times from the Vancouver Island ferry terminals to Mussel Beach Campground are:
- Schwartz Bay (Victoria) – 5 hours
- Departure Bay (Nanaimo) – 3 hours
- Duke Point (Nanaimo) – 3 hours
Updates on highway conditions can be found on the Drive BC website.
Updates on the Highway 4 closures can be found here.
Mussel Beach Campground
Directions to Mussel Beach Campground from Highway 4
Do not follow the instructions on Google Earth or your GPS device as the directions are not correct. Please use the following instructions below.
- Take Highway 4 to the west coast of Vancouver Island, passing through Port Alberni.
- Follow signs to Ucluelet / Tofino / Pacific Rim National Park Reserve.
- From the Ucluelet / Tofino Highway junction with Highway 4, turn left.
- After 1km, turn left along Port Albion Road.
- Go over the single lane bridge and look out for a gravel road on the left with a Mussel Beach Campground sign after about 1km.
- Follow the signs for 8km and you will get to Mussel Beach in about 20-30 minutes.
*Please note that the final 8km is a bumpy gravel road with some pot holes. It will be time well spent. To view a video of the road check out Beat Back to Mussel Beach on YouTube.