We have a few rules to ensure that all our campers have a safe and enjoyable stay at Mussel Beach.
Copies are available from the Campground Office at check-in.
1. All campers and visitors must register at the Office on arrival. Visitors must leave by 10pm.
2. Check in time 2pm-9pm (no late check ins) / Check out time 11am.
3. All people using the campground do so at their own risk. The campground owners and managers accept no responsibility for vehicles or property brought into the campground.
4. The maximum number of people per campsite is 4. Additional people will be charged at $10 each.
5. The campground office is open 9am to 9pm. The campground entrance security gate will be closed at 10pm-7am. If you miss the gate there is a pull out before the gate you may park in overnight and walk in quietly. Please do not park in front of the gate.
6. The campground limit speed limit is 5 km/h. Mussel Beach is a free-range kid zone. Please use caution when driving through the property. Speeding or dangerous driving could result in an eviction.
7. Please respect your camping neighbour. Quiet time is 10pm. No loud music or foul language at any time ~ soft fireside singing is permitted. Only invertor generators allowed and may run between 10am-6pm.
8. We no longer allow dogs at the campground except for our long-term campers. All dogs must be kept on a leash within the campground. No dogs will be allowed to run free on the premises.
9. Firewood must be burnt in fire rings only. Firewood is for sale at the office. Do not cut or limb trees anywhere on the property. No chain sawing is allowed.
10. Please do not take any glass containers/bottles to the beach. We prefer you bring cans or plastic bottles .
11. Due to the wildlife in the area we are unable to store garbage. All garbage must be taken with you on departure. A clean up fee will be charged if your campsite requires additional cleaning after you have left.
12. Our pit toilets are regularly pumped out. Do not place any garbage, diapers, bottles or cans down toilets. Any violators will be charged a $50 fee.
13. All food, coolers & garbage must be kept in your vehicle or RV (not in tents). Black bears are present in and around the property. Please do not feed the bears or leave food in your campsite that they might take. Any food or coolers left unattended will be confiscated. Campsites must be kept clean and tidy at all times.
14. Federal and BC Park rules apply on beachfront areas.
Campground management have full authority to enforce these rules and regulations.
Failure to follow any of these rules may result with you and your group being evicted without a refund.
Be Bear Aware
Mussel Beach is in the wilderness where sightings of black bears, wolves and eagles are not uncommon.
To avoid habituating these wild animals to humans, please follow a few simple few simple rules.
Mussel Beach is in Black Bear Country
Keep your campsite clean and free of garbage. Bears have an extremely sensitive sense of smell and can smell food from over a kilometer away.
Lock coolers and food in your vehicle.
Do not keep your food in your tent or leave it unattended in your campsite.
Do not leave your food in the back of a truck, even if it has a canopy.
Clean barbeques after using them by burning off the grill entirely.